As an Area Construction Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to lead, grow and motivate some of the best construction managers in the industry. Relationships are and always will be a top priority and that’s just not with your Construction and Warranty team - but also with trade partners, buyers and our internal Operations Team. Supporting and cultivating relationships with these people (and others not listed) is key. Driving our communities and meeting with your Construction and Warranty teams regularly to support, teach, and motivate ensures their and our success on a daily basis.
Working closely with the VP of Sales and Product Managers to problem solve, create processes and focus on making sure we are getting things done in a cost effective manner is imperative. You are the type of person who is constantly looking to raise the bar, try new things and motivate others, all while not being afraid to fail. You enjoy blocking and tackling while keeping a positive attitude and encouraging your team to do the same. You are a quick decision maker and even quicker to stand by your decisions. You have a strong back and a soft front. You empower yourself, empower your team and empower our trades every day.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal person in this role loves a challenging, fast-paced work environment and gets excited to meet deadlines and exceed expectations. They are self-sufficient and never underestimate a good double (or triple) check behind their own work.
You communicate efficiently & effectively.
You can read floor plans, truss drawings and plot plans like no nobody’s business.
You juggle projects, prioritize your workload and work effectively to get the job done day in and day out.
You have a kind heart, an open mind, and lead with gratitude and humility.
You constantly work with meaning and drive with purpose - waiting for that ideal opportunity to showcase your talents.
You’re a big dreamer and an even bigger doer.
You crave growth and all of the responsibilities that come along with it.
You wake up with a great attitude and carry that throughout the day.
We celebrate and prioritize diversity and welcome ALL to apply for this opportunity.
We believe that a homebuilder can change the world… would you like to be a part of it?
Let Your Freak Flag Fly - A company culture that champions you to always be yourself, unapologetically
Flexible work schedule, including work from home (WFH) capabilities
Unlimited Sick Days
Two-Weeks Paid Vacation
Competitive Salary, plus quarterly bonus potential
Medical, Dental & Vision all covered
401K with Company Match
Virtual Financial Wellness Consultations
Company Cell Phone
Company Expense Account
- Getting to know your team, personally and professionally. Building trust, transparency and earning their best work each and every day. Hiring new team members when necessary.
- Assisting your team with problem solving out in the field (whether it’s a technical construction related issue or helping resolve conflict between two separate parties.)
- Maintaining schedule accuracy and attentiveness between all of your construction managers. Working with them to identify areas of improvement while always driving to meet our guaranteed closing date.
- Working closely with purchasing on cost-saving opportunities, executing processes and maintaining strong trade relationships
- Relationships are key - from your trade partners, inspectors, buyers and fellow Rock Stars. You know how to communicate and get everyone’s Best Work
- Maintaining budgets, watching for variances and proactively solving potential issues
- Expectation setting, training, follow-up and constant communication are going to be just some of your most used tools in your toolbox.
- Ensure that all job sites look their best and NCG01 standards are being upheld.
- Experience in the Construction Industry