As a product manager for Garman Homes, you are responsible for sourcing each individual piece and part that comes together to form our Joyfully Built and Meaningfully Different Houses. Much like a purchasing manager, or a purchasing agent, a Garman Homes Product Manager puts together a dream team of trade partners that not only builds and executes the designs of our houses efficiently and effectively but also at a competitive price. You love to negotiate, not just for price, but also for terms and long-term relationships. You are the eyes and ears for our construction team, anticipating their needs and being one step ahead. You are an expert problem solver, whether it’s via a beautifully designed spreadsheet or physically out in the field. Your love for numbers, measurements and critical thinking runs deep. Your communication skills are on point and constantly being flexed - either with new or existing trade partners, your fellow product managers or working closely with your on-site construction managers. Analyzing data and watching profit margins get your heart pumping, but your attention to detail makes it race faster. Estimating is fantastic, but doing so with accuracy is pure bliss.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal person in this role loves a challenging, fast-paced work environment and gets excited to meet deadlines and exceed expectations. They are self-sufficient and never underestimate a good double (or triple) check behind their own work.
You communicate efficiently & effectively.
You can read floor plans, truss drawings and plot plans like no nobody’s business.
You juggle projects, prioritize your workload and work effectively to get the job done day in and day out.
You have a kind heart, an open mind, and lead with gratitude and humility.
You constantly work with meaning and drive with purpose - waiting for that ideal opportunity to showcase your talents.
You’re a big dreamer and an even bigger doer.
You crave growth and all of the responsibilities that come along with it.
You wake up with a great attitude and carry that throughout the day.
We celebrate and prioritize diversity and welcome ALL to apply for this opportunity.
We believe that a homebuilder can change the world… would you like to be a part of it?
Let Your Freak Flag Fly - A company culture that champions you to always be yourself, unapologetically
Flexible work schedule, including work from home (WFH) capabilities
Unlimited Sick Days
Two-Weeks Paid Vacation
Competitive Salary, plus quarterly bonus potential
Medical, Dental & Vision all covered
401K with Company Match
Virtual Financial Wellness Consultations
Company Cell Phone
Company Expense Account
- Studying and memorizing floor plans, plot plans and specifications that make up our houses
- Getting to know your team; fellow product managers, financial rock stars, construction managers and trade partners. Create the foundation of the relationship and then build from there
- Analyze costs, trends and product usage to suggest improvements, tweaks or other courses of action
- Protect profit margin by eliminating variance purchase orders, streamlining processes and creating efficiencies out in the field
- Forecast upcoming costs and create feasibilities on new products and communities
- Staying one step ahead - predicting potential product or field issues and eliminating the problem before it even occurs
- General Construction Knowledge/Background
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets